How it works
The Talis One workflow takes you quickly and efficiently from sample-to-answer in three easy steps.
- Label cartridge with patient ID.
- Add specimen to cartridge and insert into instrument.
- Report results in < 30 minutes.
Triage with confidence, without the wait
An easy-to-use sample-to-answer workflow and small instrument footprint bring all the benefits of molecular testing to a variety of care settings, maximizing the impact of testing on patient health and the containment of disease spread.
The Talis One COVID-19 Test System uses proprietary technology to deliver Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) results quickly. Unlike other rapid point-of-care COVID-19 tests4 that may not be as sensitive, the Talis One COVID-19 Test System is able to achieve central lab-quality detection of SARS-CoV-2 demonstrating PPA of 95.7% and NPA of 100% in a clinical study.5 With our on-cartridge sample extraction and purification and other proprietary technologies, the Talis One COVID-19 Test System achieves a limit of detection (LOD) of 500 copies/mL.5
- Delivers rapid and accurate, easy-to-use lab-quality diagnostic testing results across a variety of care settings including non-acute, CLIA-waived settings in point-of-care facilities, pharmacies, and public health clinics.
- Targets SARS-CoV-2 N and ORF1ab genes for inclusivity of variants.
- Includes human beta-actin as a sample processing control.
- Add samples to a fully self-contained cartridge.
- No precision pipetting required.
- Automated sample extraction, purification, amplification, detection, and analysis.
- Hands-on time less than 2 minutes.
- Goes from sample to results in less than 30 minutes.
- Reliable NAAT results are clearly displayed and actionable.
Talis One Covid-19 Cartridge
The Talis One COVID-19 Test System uses isothermal technology, and proprietary on-cartridge extraction and purification to achieve the fast RNA amplification to make the SARS-CoV-2 virus detectable in nasal mid-turbinate swab specimens from individuals suspected of COVID-19 by their healthcare provider.
Test to Treat
To keep life moving forward, our path out of the pandemic is to test, treat and protect our loved ones against new transmissible COVID-19 variants and decrease the risk of the most severe outcomes.
The Talis One™ COVID-19 Test System is a rapid point-of-care COVID-19 test that enables highly sensitive SARS-CoV-2 RNA detection from nasal mid-turbinate swabs in less than 30 minutes. With its dual-gene target design, test sensitivity and inclusivity of variants is optimized.3
Talis One Covid-19 Test System Specifications5
Combined data of diluted specimens with neat clinical specimens PPA 95.7% (95% CI: 85.5%-98.9%) and NPA of 100% (95% CI: 92.4%-100%)
N gene, ORF1ab gene
Human beta actin (sample processing control)
Nucleic acid amplification technology (NAAT)
Nasal mid-turbinate swab specimens
Sample Input Volume
Talis One Instrument Dimensions (L x W x H)
14 in x 10 in x 7 in
Room temperature (15 – 30°C)
Product Components Needed to Run a COVID-19 Test
• Talis One Instrument
• Talis One Accessories
Talis One COVID-19 Cartridge Pack
• Talis One COVID-19 cartridge
• 1 mL transfer pipette
Talis One Nasal Mid-Turbinate Collection Kit
• Nylon flocked swab
• 3 mL inactivation medium
Join Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for information about our products and company updates.
The GenBody COVID-19 Ag Test and the Talis One COVID-19 Test System are for use under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) only. For In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) use. For prescription use only. Talis is an authorized distributor of the GenBody COVID-19 Ag test.
*Additional testing solutions are currently in development and not available for sale.
This product has not been FDA cleared or approved, but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA under an EUA for use by authorized laboratories; this product has been authorized only for the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens; the emergency use of this product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the declaration is terminated or authorization is revoked sooner.
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/variants/variant.html Accessed July 27, 2021
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/testing-overview.html Accessed July 27, 2021
- https://journals.asm.org/doi/abs/10.1128/JCM.00075-21 Accessed August 3, 2021
- https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/sars-cov-2-viral-mutations-impact-covid-19-tests Accessed July 27, 2021
- https://talisbio.com/spring-2021/covid-19-assay-whitepaper Accessed August 2, 2021