When infectious diseases include social stigma and systemic inequities, fast and accurate test results can make a big difference in stopping disease spread.1 Talis is poised to help.
Sexual Health Testing Areas Talis is Preparing to Impact
A Growing Health Challenge
With the number of reported sexually transmitted infections continuing to grow,3 fast and accurate options for sexual health testing are more important than ever.1
In the United States, between 2015 and 2019, the number of reported cases of chlamydia increased by 19% to 1.8 million cases3 and the number of reported cases of gonorrhea increased 56% to 616,392 cases.3
Fast and Accurate Testing Can Make a Difference
One critical tool for stopping the spread of sexually transmitted disease (STD) is diagnostic testing:1
Timely and appropriate treatment of persons with STDs is critical for reducing transmission and preventing complications. Prevention and timely treatment of STDs depend on several factors, including taking a sexual history, assessing risk for STDs, performing screening and diagnostic testing, providing on-site medications, and notifying and managing sex partners.1
When testing is accurate, false negatives and false positives can be kept to a minimum, ensuring optimal treatment and minimizing disease spread without causing undue burden on the patient.
When testing is fast and results can be delivered during a patient visit instead of requiring a patient to make a return visit, you increase the chances of treating the disease and reducing disease spread.1
Sexual Health Testing Is Being Delivered in a Range of Care Settings
While public health clinics have historically delivered sexual health testing to ensure anonymity, confidentiality, and specialized care,1 sexual health testing and treatment is increasingly being delivered in primary care and community health center settings.1
This Is Why We Developed the Talis One™ System
To meet this change in the delivery of sexual health services, the team at Talis believes that sexual health testing needs to move to a format that is compatible with a range of point-of-care settings. This need is what inspired us to create the Talis One system, and why we’ve worked many years to ensure that the system meets the following requirements:
- Accuracy similar to what you would expect from a central lab molecular test
- Fast results that can be returned to the patient during the course of a visit
- Ease-of-use so that very little training is needed to obtain an accurate result
- Small footprint easily fits into the limited space available in a variety of care settings
The next big thing in infectious disease testing is really quite small. The Talis One system is poised to deliver fast and accurate sexual health testing in a range of care settings.
Join Our Newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter for information about our products and company updates.
The GenBody COVID-19 Ag Test and the Talis One COVID-19 Test System are for use under Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) only. For In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) use. For prescription use only. Talis is an authorized distributor of the GenBody COVID-19 Ag test.
*Additional testing solutions are currently in development and not available for sale.
- Barrow RY. Recommendations for Providing Quality Sexually Transmitted Diseases Clinical Services, 2020. MMWR Recomm Rep. 2020;68. doi:10.15585/mmwr.rr6805a1
- National Overview – Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance, 2019. Published April 19, 2021. Accessed October 20, 2021.
- CDC. Sexually Transmitted Disease Surveillance, 2019. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Published July 29, 2021. Accessed October 20, 2021.